Reply To: Introduce Yourself

• Rostislav Radaev

October 29, 2022 at 5:16 pm

Hello, my names Ross, I’m from UK. Nice to meet you all.

I have been trading professionally but independently for 2 years. Full time 7 days a week, and I’m passionate about my job, not only has it bought me more annual income, it made me more & more self motivated. What do I love about trading? 2 things, 1 when the opening bell, no premarket actually on Monday opens everything cones to life. I’m good when it comes to numbers, and analysis, however it took 3 years of my life first to realise that if combined the only 2 talents I have. I can really make a change.

I personally trade (I don’t know if this is UK/EU only instrument) Spreads of Futures of Options, Options (as insurance for equity or a risky stock FD trade), my main source of income were ETNs & ETCs, the first typically represents an index composite of Swaps for or against global Indices, the latter are Commodity Futures packed into a CDO and share combination, both allow trading Futures without actually doing so, therefore no margin calls, no Theta Decay like options or Time Agg value Decay like Futures of Options, I would build a solid Thesis for the trade (my biggest was a bet against the NASDAQ100 in May 22), I got an annual salary on the 2nd week of May but was negative -25% between March and May, which is why wallstreet loves these things, no genuine risk and high liquidity. ViX notes most of all because leverage has no limits there. Now if you read this and thought to yourself so why risk on Futures? Well, ETNs and ETCs are far far from risk free, if you get the the trade wrong you will still lose your money and it will not recover in price and i have had 1 particular ETN issuer default on me and quater 1/4 of my portfolio turned to dust with no refund, that’s because there’s always risk, and while I’m greatful they exist and provided me with capital for the last year and a half, they are quite boring compared to a correct trade with net off Futures, that takes 5 minutes to gain the same amount.

Sorry, went if track a bit there but I thought you know more, I have a strong belief trading forms that are Prop Trader firms like traders with edge are a whole new industry and I want to be part of it.

My aspirations depend on timeliness, 5+ years, a senior derivates broker at Citibank, but my ultimate aspiration is to build a private fund, not huge but a notable hedgefund that you can easily find on Google, the hardest task of them all, I’mnot qualified in Financialand Accounting above Level 3, and was self taught, i only got the qualification to get a fixed income as a Financial Advisor. I’m good at organising and building teams, but a fund requires capital, more zeros than one wants to ever spend.

I just want to say it’s great to be ina trading form with an active online community, I’m eager to get to know everyone.

Have a brilliant day