Introduce Yourself

• Darren Hayes

August 11, 2022 at 12:34 am

Hi I’m from Brisbane, Australia.

I traded forex and cfd’s for a few months about 12 years ago.

I only had a couple of thousand to trade with but I ended up making a few hundred dollars profit.

I’m just getting interested in forex again and have a $10000 demo account which I’ve built up to about $11300.

I am interested in learning about how and when to enter trades, position sizing and stop losses relative to account size etc.

I’m disciplined with putting stop losses at 1 or 2 per cent of account size when I enter the trade but I don’t really know much about technical analysis and when to enter trades so I’d like to do a course and learn about that.

I’m nearly 50 years old and work in a warehouse so my goal is to eventually make enough from trading to be able to not have to work full time.

Thank you

Darren

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      August 11, 2022 at 3:43 am

Great to have you here Darren.

And good to have another Aussie!

Great to hear you are trading on a demo account to start with. This is the first mistake many people make when starting (they trade live). My suggestion is stay on the demo for at least 6 months or until you master your trading plan and can stick to it the vast majority of time.

We are working on releasing a number of different courses over the next few months and there will be a number of trading mentors available to coach those who want to do exactly what you described.

Also download our phone app as courses and discussions will be available on there.

Lastly, let us know if there is anything you need help with. There are not stupid questions, except the one you don’t ask.

• Rafael Hernandez Garza

September 8, 2022 at 10:30 pm

I am Frome México

Been trading 2 years

Partial time

I love freedom it gives

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      September 10, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Welcome Rafael.

Good to have you here. We have so many people from different countries it’s great.

What do you mainly trade?

• Anthony Born

October 6, 2022 at 6:43 am

Hi Guys

Where are you from? Gold Coast Australia.

How long have you been trading? Started in 2002 p/time then full time from 2016.

Are you full-time or part-time? Full time.

What do you love about trading? Always learning, growing and it’s profitable.

What do you trade? Fx pairs and Indices mainly.

What are your goals and aspirations? Keep learning, connect with other traders and make a great living.

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      October 6, 2022 at 9:56 am

Welcome Anthony,

Great to have you here I’m sure.

Started trading in 1998 for a few years, then stopped and came back to it years later. Now I don’t get much time to trade myself as running the company and being a dad takes up most of my time.

You probably have some wisdom to share if you have been trading full time for quite a while now.

Do you have any tips that could help other become more consistent?

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
        October 6, 2022 at 9:57 am

Also you may want to download the phone app which makes discussions in here easier. Just search on Google play or the App Store.

• Anthony Born

October 7, 2022 at 10:26 am

Haha the best thing I can say is ‘slow and steady wins this race’.

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
          October 7, 2022 at 3:04 pm

Agree, this is I believe is the number one reason why people lose in trading “impatience”.

• Anthony Born

October 6, 2022 at 7:35 am

Trying to work out how this reply works..

Hi Guys just jumped on board today.

Looking forward to being part of the community and enjoying the journey

Where are you from?
    Aussie

How long have you been trading?
    Started part time in 2002, went full time in 2016.

Are you full-time or part-time?
    Full time.

What do you love about trading?
    The challenge, always learning and growing, profits.

What do you trade?
    FX pairs and Indices.

What are your goals and aspirations?
    Be part of traders community, new like minded friends, learning and enjoying a great lifestyle.

• Laurenz Edama

October 6, 2022 at 12:28 pm

Welcome to the community Anthony. We would love to hear you experience. If you don’t mind, you can share your thoughts or anything you like here in the community. Looking forward for your insights. Goodluck and wishing you great trading times ahead.

• Anthony Born

October 7, 2022 at 10:24 am

Thank you, looking forward to the opportunity and the community.

• Ouma Jowi

October 22, 2022 at 2:30 pm

Hello am Pete been trading for the past two years, and now am ready to get funded and realize my desire of being a full time trader.

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      October 22, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the community!

What do you most support with to achieve this?

• Akhil Tomy

October 28, 2022 at 3:13 pm

I’m from South Africa. I have been trading since April of 2017. I’m a part time trader. I love the challenge that comes with trading especially the emotional decisions that u can make. I think trading teaches u alot about yourself and how u make decisions in life, to become a better trader you need to grow as a person, the two go together. I trade Crypto, forex and sometimes but rarely gold.

I want to be a full time trader one day. And this is the path I see that takes me there.

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      October 30, 2022 at 2:18 pm

Welcome Akhil,

Yes knowing yourself is such a huge part of successful trading but few people talk about it. Most focus on the new strategy and not on the one driving the strategy.

Do you have any practices or habits that you find help?

• Akhil Tomy

November 19, 2022 at 10:41 pm

Using position size calculator and a set rule book for entries written down so if I do get emotional I look at the notes and ask myself do I see any of these?

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
          December 6, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Sorry I missed your reply.

Sticking to the rules is the hard part for most. It sounds like you have some good practices in place.

• Ariawan Budianto

October 28, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ariawan and I am living in Indonesia.

I have been trading for 2.5 years.

I am trying to be a full time trader.

I love trading cause by learning and practicing it, it could build my character to be a better person in a whole.

I trade all 28 currency pairs.

My goal is to be a full time trader and achieve time and financial freedom.

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      October 30, 2022 at 2:14 pm

Welcome Ariawan!

You’re in the right place if you are looking to make the shift from past time to full time, that’s why we exist.

The goal if financial freedom is certainly possible if you take your time and manage your risk well.

Looking forward to watching you grow.

• Rostislav Radaev

October 29, 2022 at 5:16 pm

Hello, my names Ross, I’m from UK. Nice to meet you all.

I have been trading professionally but independently for 2 years. Full time 7 days a week, and I’m passionate about my job, not only has it bought me more annual income, it made me more & more self motivated. What do I love about trading? 2 things, 1 when the opening bell, no premarket actually on Monday opens everything cones to life. I’m good when it comes to numbers, and analysis, however it took 3 years of my life first to realise that if combined the only 2 talents I have. I can really make a change.

I personally trade (I don’t know if this is UK/EU only instrument) Spreads of Futures of Options, Options (as insurance for equity or a risky stock FD trade), my main source of income were ETNs & ETCs, the first typically represents an index composite of Swaps for or against global Indices, the latter are Commodity Futures packed into a CDO and share combination, both allow trading Futures without actually doing so, therefore no margin calls, no Theta Decay like options or Time Agg value Decay like Futures of Options, I would build a solid Thesis for the trade (my biggest was a bet against the NASDAQ100 in May 22), I got an annual salary on the 2nd week of May but was negative -25% between March and May, which is why wallstreet loves these things, no genuine risk and high liquidity. ViX notes most of all because leverage has no limits there. Now if you read this and thought to yourself so why risk on Futures? Well, ETNs and ETCs are far far from risk free, if you get the the trade wrong you will still lose your money and it will not recover in price and i have had 1 particular ETN issuer default on me and quater 1/4 of my portfolio turned to dust with no refund, that’s because there’s always risk, and while I’m greatful they exist and provided me with capital for the last year and a half, they are quite boring compared to a correct trade with net off Futures, that takes 5 minutes to gain the same amount.

Sorry, went if track a bit there but I thought you know more, I have a strong belief trading forms that are Prop Trader firms like traders with edge are a whole new industry and I want to be part of it.

My aspirations depend on timeliness, 5+ years, a senior derivates broker at Citibank, but my ultimate aspiration is to build a private fund, not huge but a notable hedgefund that you can easily find on Google, the hardest task of them all, I’mnot qualified in Financialand Accounting above Level 3, and was self taught, i only got the qualification to get a fixed income as a Financial Advisor. I’m good at organising and building teams, but a fund requires capital, more zeros than one wants to ever spend.

I just want to say it’s great to be ina trading form with an active online community, I’m eager to get to know everyone.

Have a brilliant day

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
      October 30, 2022 at 9:12 am

Hi Ross,

Welcome to the community. And what an amazing entrance. Love the detailed overview, it seems like you are in the right place.

Who knows maybe we can do something together in terms of growing that fund some day.

Right now I’m focused on growing Traders With Edge and then will turn my attention back to growing our funds management company.

• Temour Jahangir

October 30, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Im from Pakistan

Ive been trading for more than 6 years

Full-Time Trader

The thing I love about trading is that it gives you financial freedom, and it teaches you discipline and and patience.

I trade Forex, Metals, Indices and Commodities

My goal is grow and gain more knowledge about the financial markets.

Page 3 of 11