Question: FOREX positions 5k Demo

• Question: FOREX positions 5k Demo

Posted by Luke Myers on August 19, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Question: FOREX positions – I have a 5k small demo account and was not sure what size the FOREX value is per pip on my MT5. I thought it was a mini size $1 for 1 pip, but if it is FULL size then $10 would be 1 pip and I can only have a 5 pip stop and that is too small. Any info on this ? Thanks

Rafael Hernandez Garza replied 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Luke Myers

August 19, 2022 at 9:57 pm

ok, I found the location to view the FOREX contract size in MT5. It is in Specifications. Mine says 1/2 or half size full contract 1 pip =$6. Can I request ( For risk management purposes of small account) that I get a mini contract FOREX size? So $1 is 1 pip. I trade on a 30 min chart ( right volatility) and my stop of 100 -200 pips with a 1 to 2 risk reward; so I need to risk no more than $100 to make $200 but my small 5k account needs the mini contract size. Is this possible to change ? Thanks

• Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
    August 19, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately it’s not possible. We aren’t the broker and we don’t have control what you described.

• Rafael Hernandez Garza

September 8, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Change lot to 0.11 or under I use mt5 app to make trades

feedback_mix.png

Feedback

We'd love to hear your feedback on how we can improve. Please let us know any issues with the website or suggestions on how we can make Traders With Edge #1.
If you want to leave your email so we can follow up, it's optional.
[gravityform id="17" title="false"]
[vgoAlias]
[vgoAlias]
[^;]
[^;]
[(d+)]
[(d+)]
[elem.name]
[elem.name]
[+_a-z0-9-'&=]
[+_a-z0-9-'&=]
[+_a-z0-9-']