How to combat forgetfulness

• How to combat forgetfulness

Posted by James Foster on August 11, 2022 at 6:05 am

I hate to admit it but my memory is terrible.

This can be detrimental when you have important tasks that you forget about

One way to combat this, although it cannot be used to remember multiple things at once, is to place a random object on the floor that does not belong on the floor.
    Next time you see the object on the floor you will associate it with the import task that you had in mind when you placed the object there.

Also, it helps to remind yourself that your memory is actually good amazingly enough!

Anyone else have any tips to improve memory?

Pauline Martin-Brooks replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Pauline Martin-Brooks

August 11, 2022 at 6:25 am

Hey James, Great post I like that tip. Given that I just wrote a post on self talk and the importance of how we phrase things I would start slamming that issue into the past.

Ie instead of “I have a terrible memory”, try “I used to have a terrible memory, or I used to occasionally forget things”

Better yet use “my memory gets better everyday”.

I’m a systems person so if I forget something once I create a system so as not to let it happen again.

For instance before i leave the house I check that I have my keys. I usually wear them on my right belt loop for easy access or right pocket or I hook them inside of my purse, they are rarely just thrown in a bag.

A woman can loose a lot of time looking for keys in a purse lol.