The Importance of Self Talk

• The Importance of Self Talk

Posted by Pauline Martin-Brooks on August 11, 2022 at 4:22 am

If you are in the habit of putting yourself down mentally (ie calling yourself stupid, saying I’m no good at this etc) and you want to get out of it, here’s a couple of quick tips.

One: Pretend your best friend is standing in front of you and you are saying the same things in your head to them, they wouldn’t stick around for long would they?

Two: Pretend that a younger version of you is hearing this, think about how they would feel

Three: Say the words out loud and notice how they make you feel

Four: Write down every time you are critical of yourself

Five: Now that you’ve noticed the damage this is doing, visualise the voice moving down your body and into your foot and then kick it as far as you can!

Six: Each time you catch your inner voice putting you down add 3 praise phrases to build yourself back up. Things like I love myself because I’m a good brother/sister/son/daughter etc. People like me because I’m honest. I care about myself and I show it by taking care of myself etc

It takes some practise but it’s worth the effort, life will knock you down sometimes but you don’t have to beat yourself up as well!

Language is key, be kind to yourself.

Daniel Lee replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Samuel Junghenn

Organizer
    August 11, 2022 at 4:50 am

Great post Pauline. Hopefully some people put this into practice, I’d love to hear the impact of it.

• Daniel Lee

August 11, 2022 at 5:02 am

I think this is a great post that everyone can learn from!

Most people, if not all, would have (I mean I sure have) had thoughts that put themselves down.

Especially in a society where everything is a competition, it’s easy to find ourselves comparing ourselves to those around us and in the process, feeling inadequate, resulting in these thoughts.

It is important to practice self love, and to keep yourself in a healthy mental state whether it be for when you are trading or for your general day to day life.

Great post Pauline! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

feedback_mix.png

Feedback

We'd love to hear your feedback on how we can improve. Please let us know any issues with the website or suggestions on how we can make Traders With Edge #1.
If you want to leave your email so we can follow up, it's optional.
[gravityform id="17" title="false"]
[vgoAlias]
[vgoAlias]
[^;]
[^;]
[(d+)]
[(d+)]
[elem.name]
[elem.name]
[+_a-z0-9-'&=]
[+_a-z0-9-'&=]
[+_a-z0-9-']